26 Feb Tomorrow’s the day!
It’s here! Our first corps meeting tomorrow!
It is important that if you intend joining and can’t make it, that you e-mail us asap so we can get your information. Most importantly, we need to start working on uniforms! We are very fortunate to have the help of Alumnis Rita Sweeney and Mary Hudon to help make them for us, but as they are handmade, they will take time!
Tomorrow we will be reviewing/doing the following:
- People must come ready to Sign Up! There are a few forms and a deposit will be required so have a checkbook (we need to order uniforms)
- We will be talking about performance and rehearsal schedules and what to expect in 2012
- Expectations of members
- Looking for volunteers, especially to help head up a fundraising or Booster Committee and help with uniform production if you are so handy
- We will be listening to brass players to get an idea as to placement – don’t worry, if you haven’t played in a while, you will not be put on the spot but there will be a trumpet, two baritones and a contra for people to “audition” on. I say audition loosely – this is just so that George can guage range for score writing. We won’t have percussion on hand unfortunately
- There will be Corps shirts and other items to buy if you missed out at the open house or wanted to order a Corps Jacket.
- We will be a question and answer session then we can break out into sectionals.
Important to note, we are borrowing the conference room at a martial arts studio. We are not allowed in the studio for insurance purposes (there are swords and weapons about) so please keep to the halls and conference area please.
SPECIAL THANK YOU to the United Martial Arts Center for letting us use their facilities for our meeting and to DALE POWERS of the DEFENDERS ALUMNI D&B CORPS for the baritones and contra!!!!!!
Well, I have more stuff to do so SEE YOU TOMORROW!
ps: the online newspaper has granted me BLOGGER authority on patch.com, god help us all. haha.