Joel joined Arbella as a baritone for the 1982 season, the first year that Arbella went co-ed, then in 1983 moved over to the guard. There was no looking back after that! After Arbella folded, Joel went on to march with Les Eclipse for the 84 and 85 seasons.
Joel has since been a color guard designer and instructor. His experience as either a performer or designer/instructor is truly awesome! Here are just some of the groups Joel has performed or worked with:
- Citations Winter Guard, Burlington MA 1986
- State of the Art Production (SOTAP), Dover NH 1990
- Emerald Marquis World Guard, Wakefield MA 1991-1992
- Emerald Marquis World Guard 2001 as a performer
- Sacred Heart, Roslindale MA 2007
- Defenders Alumni Drum & Bugle Corps, Rockland MA, 2010 to present
- Salem Blue Class A, Salem, NH 2010-Present
- St. Brendan Open Class, Dorchester, MA 2013-14
- Massachusetts Judging Association (MJA) Equipment Judge 2013 to present
- Salem High School, Salem MA 1993-2000, 2007-present
- Danvers High School, Danvers MA 2014-
He has also worked with various high school bands on the North Shore such as Winthrop HS, North Reading HS, Reading HS and Danvers HS.
Every guard under Joel’s leadership ascends the leaderboard. His passion, design flair and exacting standards brings the best out
of all of his guards.
Joel’s passion to share color guard with his students is boundless. He has often times sponsored students so that they could march in other organizations around the country.
When not working in Financial Services, or teaching and spinning, Joel is the proud father to Garrett, Macey and Julia, and one cute cockapoo named Homer.
We are extremely fortunate to have Joel on our team.